So since doing the Four Hour Body Diet I have had to be sneaky and find different recipes and different ways to tweak my kitchen staples and foods. One thing that gets thrown out on this diet is breads. WAH NO MORE SAMMICHES?! Nope. No more.
Last night I found a recipe for Indian Chickpea Flat bread, I didn't like certain seasonings in it and I didn't have others so I decided to improvise and make savory pancakes for use in dipping.
What you will need to make the Gluten Free Indian Chickpea Flat bread:
- Cup chickpea flour
- Cup water
- Half of an onion finely chopped
- Two green onions (scallions) finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt (i'd put in a whole tsp as mine came out bland)
- Some hot pepper powder (or any other seasoning you might like,such as garlic powder, I put that in too)
How to make Gluten Free Indian Chickpea Flat bread:
- Mix the whole thing in a bowl, do it with a spoon no need for the mixer.
It will look like throw up.
- The recipe says let it sit for about 15 minutes so the water gets absorbed and what not. I did it but saw no difference in mixture from the start to 15 minutes.
- Heat up a frying pan with a little bit of oil in it (just enough not to stick, you might need to add more as you go)
- Pour a pancake size glob onto the frying pan, spread around with a spoon its easy.. depends how thick/thin you want it.
- Cook a few mins on each side like a pancake.
Tips: I would definitely play around with the seasonings to find a good mixture.
The flour you need goes by following names:
Chickpea flour, garbanzo bean flour, besan, gram flour.
Don't be discouraged by mines looking ugly and uneven, I am a lazy person who doesn't care for the presentation unless I have to entertain. I didn't this time, I was hungry as a wolf.